Quick update here, but after the success of the Video Game Storybundle earlier this year, I’ve been working with the lovely Jason Chen and the Storybundle folks to curate follow-up bundles – and not just about games (although there is a second video game one coming!)
The first fruits of this are here now, since I dived deep into Doctor Who fandom, as a big fan of the Doctor himself, researched, contacted a plethora of authors, and found some really awesome books that we managed to license and bundle altogether, DRM-free, for one inexpensive price and a limited time.
I think the bundle is worth it for the late Barry Letts’ autobiography alone (legendary ’70s Dr. Who producer – he was mentioned by Bernard Cribbins last weekend in the live ‘Next Doctor’ BBC show, actually!) But if you add in the comprehensive VWORP! (first time ever in Kindle-compatible eBook!), the excellent Philip Sandifer Who criticism books, Nick Griffiths’ sardonic Who memoir, and even Chris-Rachael Oseland’s hilarious recipe book (!) – it’s a really meaningful bundle.
It’s available for two weeks only, folks, so have at it – full announce is below:
THE (UNOFFICIAL) DOCTOR WHO STORYBUNDLE CELEBRATES 50TH ANNIVERSARY WITH PAY WHAT YOU WANT DRM-FREE EBOOK BUNDLE
Continuing its popular ‘pay what you want’ ebook bundles, StoryBundle is proud to present The (Unofficial) Doctor Who Bundle. This specially curated set of six full length books features episode guides, producer autobiographies, coming-of-age stories and even recipe books themed around the infamous time traveler on the occasion of his 50th Anniversary.
StoryBundle has already sold hundreds of thousands of books through its popular horror, fantasy, video game and sci-fi book bundles, and this unauthorized Doctor Who bundle, which will be available for just two weeks and then gone forever, compiles an incredibly diverse set of some of the best writing on The Doctor out there.
Some of the key books available in this first-ever compilation include Earl Green’s titanic Doctor Who episode guide VWORP! – a key primer to the Doctor Who canon from 1963 through the 2011 Xmas special for both novices and experts alike! StoryBundle has also licensed the fascinating behind the scenes autobiography ‘Who & Me‘ by the late Doctor Who producer Barry Letts – a key creative force on the show in the Jon Pertwee years, and who also worked with iconic Doctor Tom Baker.
Also available in the bundle is Nick Griffiths’ memoir of life as a Doctor Who fan, Dalek, I Loved You, which has been praised by the UK Guardian and a former Doctor Who himself, David Tennant, and comes in a special 50th Anniversary update. Additionally, there are two titles – including one exclusively created for this bundle – from Doctor Who cultural historian Philip Sandifer, whose very readable work in his TARDIS Eruditorum book series has been lauded as an “incredibly in-depth analysis of the cultural setting and impact of the whole of Doctor Who”.
Finally, Chris-Rachael Oseland’s Dining With The Doctor – An Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook is a cookbook to remember, celebrating the return of The Doctor with recipes themed around the first six seasons of the 2005 Doctor Who reboot – including dishes like Open Faced Dalek Ironsides, Sontaran Soldiers, Fish Custard Tacos, and a Cinnamon Pull Apart Crack in the Wall. (!)
The initial titles in The (Unofficial) Doctor Who Bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
- Dalek I Loved You: 50th Anniversary Edition by Nick Griffiths
- Who & Me by Barry Letts
- TARDIS Eruditorum Volume 2: Patrick Troughton by Philip Sandifer
- Dining With The Doctor: An Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook by Chris-Rachael Oseland
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $10 USD, you’ll get these two extra tomes – including a comprehensive episode-by-episode history of almost the Doctor’s entire 50-year run:
- VWORP!: Connecting Who, Old And New by Earl Green (almost 400 pages, spanning 1963 to 2011, and a nearly $20 value just on its own!)
- The Best Of TARDIS Eruditorum by Philip Sandifer (an exclusive ebook just for this bundle, compiling some of the best critical writing on The Doctor.)
The Bundle is available for two weeks only, via StoryBundle, and allows easy reading on computers, mobile devices, tablets and Kindles via file transfer, email, or other methods, with multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi and some .pdf) available for each book.
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards—which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle—and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want: You decide how much six fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to six thrilling titles.
- Support indie authors: StoryBundle is a platform for indie authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Plus, when you’re supporting indie authors you’re supporting the little guy or gal.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Trees for the Future.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re not just getting four books, you’re getting six!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com. The curator for the (Unofficial) Doctor Who StoryBundle is Simon Carless, who previously curated the best-selling Video Game Bundle for StoryBundle.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, Twitter us at @storybundle, Like us on Facebook, and Plus us on Google Plus. For press inquiries, please email email@example.com.