The basic purchase tier ($3 or above) for Video Game Bundle V, curated by game industry veteran Simon Carless, includes Darius Kazemi’s meticulously researched full-length Boss Fight Books take on Sir-Tech’s seminal TRPG Jagged Alliance 2, as well as the first three issues from under-appreciated gem of a video game zine Arcade Review, featuring smart writing on a host of unconventional games.
Also available at this tier is a world exclusive for this StoryBundle. The full-length digital version of the recently Kickstarter-ed Kb’s Game Toilet book is a delight, if you love witty cartoon goofs on wacky game concepts. Alongside that is Dylan Holmes’ A Mind Forever Voyaging, a super well-written romp through classic moments in video game narrative history.
The higher-tier rewards—available at the higher payment tier of $12 or your local equivalent—include Kurt Kalata & friends’ wondrous trawl through some of the all-time classic Sega titles, from Altered Beast to OutRun, and Super I Am 8-Bit – a full-length coffee table book compiles rad re-interpretations of Mario, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and a host of other notables.
In addition, you’ll get Clipping Through, an intense first-person tome looking at a week at Game Developers Conference from Leigh Alexander’s unique perspective, as well as Boss Fight Books: Super Mario Bros. 2, in which the ‘odd man out’ in the early Mario games gets a well crafted book-length personal analysis from Jon Irwin.– Simon CarlessThe initial titles in the bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
- Boss Fight Books: Jagged Alliance 2 by Darius Kazemi
- A Mind Forever Voyaging by Dylan Holmes
- Game Toilet Vol. 1 – 2007-2014 by Jerry Carpenter
- The Arcade Review: Issues 1-3 by The Arcade Review
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $12, you’ll get another four books:
- Boss Fight Books: Super Mario Bros. 2 by Jon Irwin
- Super iam8bit by Jon Gibson & I Am 8-Bit Allstars
- HG101 Presents: Sega Arcade Classics Vol. 1 by Kurt Kalata
- Clipping Through by Leigh Alexander
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com/games. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, and .mobi and, special for this bundle, .pdf!) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $3): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re you’re getting ten total books and magazines!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, Tweet us at @storybundle, Like us on Facebook, and Plus us on Google Plus. For press inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.