[So it’s time for the latest Game Storybundle, and I’m particularly happy with this latest one. It features the super-cute ‘fantasy console’ creation software PICO-8 & some related zines – newly converted to Kindle format – plus a LOAD of other great eBooks, from Dungeons & Dreamers to a ‘Worlds Of Power’ Dark Souls pastiche to a Super Mario Bros 3 book & much more. And the PICO-8 & zine bundle shares plus my curator share AND the optional charity cut go to Pixelles – infinite thanks to Lexaloffle and SectorDub for their kind generosity here! Miss it at your peril.]
Continuing its popular “pay what you want” eBook bundles, StoryBundle is very proud to present the Pico Game StoryBundle. This very special bundle includes the full version of PICO-8, the acclaimed ‘fantasy console’ 8-bit game creation software allowing creators to make their own ‘stories’, plus the PICO-8 Zine eBook & 8 other standout game-centric eBooks – with a major share of the bundle benefiting women in games non-profit Pixelles.
The basic purchase tier ($5 or above) for the Pico Game StoryBundle includes ‘PICO-8 Zine #1-4’ from Sectordub/Arnaud De Bock & friends, a four-issue compilation of articles, tips, code examples, fun demos & more for the PICO-8 ‘fantasy console’. Also included is ‘Dungeons & Dreamers’ from Brad King & John Borland, a comprehensive, acclaimed written history of how video games evolved from D&D’s paper-based fantasy worlds to RPGs, MMOs, & far beyond.
Additionally available at this tier is the ‘Complete Kobold Guide to Game Design’, 240 pages of in-depth essays on what makes paper RPGs tick from monster design to roleplaying, from notables like Wolfgang Baur, Monte Cook, Ed Greenwood, & Mike Stackpole. Finally, we also have ‘Everybody Shake! The Making Of Spaceteam’ from David L Craddock, following Henry Smith on his journey from Mac shareware games through BioWare to the making of riotous multiplayer mobile party game Spaceteam.
The higher-tier rewards – available at the payment tier of $15 or your local equivalent – include ‘PICO-8’, a full PC, Mac, Linux & Raspberry Pi-compatible ‘fantasy console’ creation software for making, sharing and playing tiny games and other computer programs. Plus you get the excellent ‘HG101 Presents The Best 200 Games Of All Time’ from Kurt Kalata & friends, including 200 of the best video games ever released, covering over three decades of gaming history, created by developers all over the world.
You’ll also get ‘Fighting Game Fundamentals’ from Ryan “Gootecks” Gutierrez, a guide from a noted fighting game veteran for practical tips and techniques to improve your results in fighting games like Street Fighter V – and a bonus Training Mode handbook, to boot. Also available is ‘Boss Fight Books: Super Mario Bros 3’, in which Alyse Knorr brings a personal angle to her look at how Shigeru Miyamoto’s ultimate 8-bit platformer solidified Mario’s conquest of the NES era.
Finally, we also have ‘Anything But Sports: The Making Of FTL’ from David L Craddock, which tells the story of the unique Shanghai-centric creation of the acclaimed procedural space simulator, plus ‘Souls Of Darkness’ from Gary Butterfield, a joyous pastiche of the Nintendo ’80s kids books Worlds Of Power that uses Dark Souls as its inspiration – with a bonus audio book reading of the tome! – Simon Carless
The initial titles in the Video Game X Bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- Pico-8 Zine #1-4 by Pico-8
- Dungeons & Dreamers by Brad King and John Borland
- Everybody Shake! – The Making of Spaceteam by David L. Craddock
- Complete Kobold Guide to Game Design by Wolfgang Baur
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $15, you get all four of the regular titles, these outstanding things—including the full PICO-8 game!
- Boss Fight Books: Super Mario Bros. 3 by Alyse Knorr
- Anything But Sports – The Making of FTL by David L. Craddock
- Souls of Darkness by Gary Butterfield
- Souls of Darkness – The Audiobook! by Gary Butterfield
- HG101 Presents – The 200 Best Video Games of All Time by Kurt Kalata
- Fighting Game Fundamentals by Ryan “Gootecks” Gutierrez (& bonus Training Mode handbook)
- PICO-8 (Full Game!) by Lexaloffle Games
Finally, the optional charity, the curator’s full cut from this bundle _AND_ the PICO-8 and PICO-8 Zine bundle shares will be going to Pixelles, a non-profit initiative committed to helping more women make and change games. [We’d like to thank Joseph White from Lexaloffle Games & Arnaud De Bock from PICO-8 Zine for their generous bundle share donations to Pixelles.]
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://storybundle.com/games. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi and some .pdf) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Pixelles, a wonderful non-profit initiative committed to helping more women make and change games!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, tweet us at @storybundle and like us on Facebook. For press inquiries, please email email@example.com.
1 thought on “Pico Game Storybundle adds PICO-8, zines, much more!”
Whoah this weblog is magnificent i really like studying your posts. Keep up the good work! You recognize, lots of persons are looking around for this info, you could aid them greatly.